Sunday, August 3, 2008

Training Equipment Pics

I finally put together some shots of the training equipment:

Campus Board with first row of rugs removed for the Finger Board

The reason for the alternate placement of the Finger Board - a perfect hit of the screw into the oil pipe...fortunately not too much damage, but still a nasty smell around for about two weeks

selfmade rock rings with crimpy edges - a perfect workout item!
The holds - the pocket 2.5 is for a pocket where I am not sure whether I should squeeze three finger tips in or have a comfty 2 finger pocket...

I will hopefully be able to add two or three more items to the board soon, where I would focus on additional holds for the "DOIY rock rings" and for two or three differently sized wodden bars for pull-ups (a small one and two larger, slopy ones).

Training progresses but I am currently suffering from some power loss due to the anabolic diet I'm currently on - the weight loss is worth it! And on the week-ends ("carbo-loading days") I feel very strong and climb my "hardest" routes in the gym at ease. Let's see what the next two month and the endurance trainig later this year will bring.

2 comments:

Ben said...

found you blog through sonnie's wanted to know how you shaped the upper side of the crimps on your rock rings? I am building a campus board and and trying to figure the best to to make rungs that will cause the least amount of injury. your crimps look pretty safe. Thanks

felix said...

hi ben.

I grinded off the wood and "iterated" until I found a nice shape. Currently
the inclination is around 10 degrees (estimated) and the corner is slightly smoothed. Half crimps and hanging finger grips are possible on the current shape which is important to me.

As what concerns campus rugs I would recommend cutting out some model out of cardboard or similar in order to replicate the some shape on all rugs. I would go with "no crimp"-shapes, e.g. I something like 30-50 mm (1-2") rugs with smoothly rounded edge.

Hope this is somehow helpful for you